- We announced earlier this spring that Jeremy Giesbrecht, as of June 1, will be leading our Young Adults Ministry, in addition to his current role as our Youth Director. We are very excited for Jeremy and our Young Adults and all that God has in store for this ministry.
- Under Jeremy’s leadership, the Young Adults ministry will be undergoing some changes to build upon the foundation that has already been laid by so many faithful before. Specifically, we would like to thank Craig and Lisa Enwright for their amazing ministry pouring into all those involved. Craig will continue to lead the Sunday afternoon group for the rest of the summer, as he has done so faithfully. Thanks also to Rhys Plant for his leadership over the past year as a pastoral intern.
- Beginning this fall, Young Adults will be transitioning to Thursday evenings, and the program will be changing to look more like our other ministries – worship, teaching, and small groups. There will be more details to come, but we are excited about this change as we believe it will allow us to better connect with and disciple more young adults.
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
- We have continued our recruiting efforts to fill the role of Associate Pastor of Discipleship.
- As a reminder, we are looking for a man who has his Master of Divinity degree, years of proven shepherding and pastoral experience, and a significant desire to simply love on, care for, and be with our people as a pastor and shepherd.
- Many resumes and applications have been received, but very few of them have been viable candidates.
- We are in discussions with one candidate, but it is still very early in the process, so we would ask our people to continue praying that God would make next steps clear to us and whoever He chooses.
- Our elders have recently secured Dr. Stephen Yuille on a contract basis, to help fill in our pulpit ministry for the 2019/2020 ministry season, preaching approximately 10 weekends for the ministry year.
- He will be scheduled on a regular basis, covering some weekends when Norm is away, or just taking a regular turn. He will preach the next passage in whatever series we are working through.
- Dr. Yuille was recently hired by Heritage College and Seminary as their Vice President of Academics. He has spent the past 10 years as preaching pastor at Grace Community Church in Glen Rose, Texas.
- He has also served in churches in Canada and Portugal, and until his recent move to back to Canada, was also a Professor at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kentucky.
- Dr. Yuille and his wife, Alison, have two daughters.
CHURCH PLANTING UPDATE
- Vertical Church kicked off 2019 with a very big move to a new location. They are now located in a key area in the suburbs of Melbourne and are excited at how this new location has provided more opportunities for evangelism. They have had many guests from a variety of belief systems attending their services.
- The evangelism ministry continues to go out each week into the local community to share the gospel of Jesus.
- This move has also given them access to a church building for most of the week, and they are using it for worship rehearsals, Bible studies, and of course, worship services.
- The church is also developing their Biblical Counselling ministry, as they have started discipleship training. They’ve had some difficulties but have also seen God’s goodness and souls being saved.
- With the foundation set for this church plant, the rest of this year will be focused on building on this foundation by continued growth and leadership development to establish future elders and deacons.
- Pastor Adrian would like to thank the congregation of Redemption for our continued support and the gift that was given to them from our Christmas offering.
St. Thomas, Ontario
- We are thrilled to announce that Gospel Fellowship Chapel (GFC) in St. Thomas voted positively on June 22 to join with Redemption and transition to Redemption Bible Chapel St. Thomas.
- This vote included a motion to embrace a relationship with us and transition to our model of ministry (95%) and to adopt our constitution and statement of faith (87%). This also includes a transition of authority and leadership to our elder team during the transition period.
- We have begun execution of a project plan, with the goal of having a soft launch in the fall, and a full launch in December. Many changes will be happening in the ministry in St. Thomas so please be praying for them.
- Their Senior Pastor, Jake Klassen, has been assessed and approved by GCC, and has the full support of our elder team. He is a gifted preacher and loving shepherd, and our elders have seen an amazing attitude of humility in him through this entire process.
- Pete Bergen has been hired (effective August 6) to lead the worship ministry in St. Thomas. Pete and Liz have been key volunteers in our ministry for many years and Pete is a gifted and experienced worship leader.
- Our teams will be working hard over the summer on many facility improvements to the GFC auditorium and building, training up leaders in our model of ministry, and many other changes.
- This church plant will involve an initial investment of about $190k, as well as supplementing their budget by about $100k for each of the first two years. We are thankful to God for His provision of the funds necessary to support this plant and be involved in growing the kingdom through the sale of our land on Colonel Talbot.
- Both elder teams are very excited about how we have come together in unity, and how God is clearly working to grow His church.
- Our elders would strongly encourage anyone from the St. Thomas area or south of the 401 to check out GFC and prayerfully considering transitioning over to make them their church home. We have scheduled a meeting for Monday July 29 for our leadership to meet with and answer questions for all those who live south of London to help them in considering a transition to Redemption St. Thomas.
- Phase 1 floor plans are completed, and we are working with mechanical, electrical, structural, and architectural engineers to discover all issues and changes needed to implement new floor plans.
- Structural engineers are currently working to assess the structure in the gym ceiling, which will involve an asbestos abatement.
- The next steps, once assessment and detailed floor plans are complete is to cost out all the work. This will then be presented to the congregation for discussion and prayer, prior to a go-no-go decision.